2.29.2008

A LEAP YEAR


today really is a special day. i reminded myself of this all day. i thought about people who were born on a february 29th. i love birthdays and celebrating with people. i am known to 1) celebrate my half birthday 2) start a countdown for my birthday and 3) remember about 100 people's birthdays in my head including my eighth grade boyfriend's. now that i am a mama and birthed my son angus, i cherish "birth" days all the more. i have never met anyone with a february 29th birthday and if i ever do.... he or she will never be forgotten.

another reason today is so special is that i finished my seed order. yes, just 15 minutes ago and it feels great. i plan to write about my unique experience ordering seeds this year. there was a political twist for me and i had new considerations to take into account. but not tonight, this story will wait another day or two. this week has reminded me of late nights finishing homework in college. i will treat myself to some early nights to bed in the next few days.

i can finally take the seed order off my "to do" list. i started my thank you notes and i also bought a chalkboard tonight. i mentioned earlier that i thought it would be helpful for the farm. one of our chalkboard tasks is to map our our fields for planting.

one last thought... this morning was a brisk -10 degrees. when i woke up, i opened the window shade next to the bed. i saw the most beautiful frosted pattern on the window that i had ever seen. i photographed it.

No comments: